Sunday, January 20

Confessions of a Shopaholic

  1.   By shopping and looking at fashion mags or catalogs as much as I do I pretty much see everything stores are selling and how much they are selling it for.  Many times I have freaked a person out by telling them exactly where they bought their new dress or pair of shoes and how much they paid for it.

2.  I have the uncanny ability to look at a designer bag or pair of shoes and know exactly how much it costs based upon it's size and the material it is made with even if I have never seen it before.

3.  I buy all of my own Birthday and Christmas gifts and simply ask my family members to reimburse me for everything when I'm done.  While this takes the element of surprise out of things I much rather be pleased with my green snake skin and tortoise Tory Burch bag then unpleasantly surprised by the hideous pair of rainbow stripped socks and matching scarf and mittens.   On the one hand I'm saving people the time and trouble of having to go to the store because it's not like I wasn't going shopping anyway.  On the other hand although I'm particularly picky I do not trust people to use their own discretion.

4. A few months ago I bought a brown reptile skin MK shoulder bag for a whopping 2400.  Last month I was shopping with my father and noticed the same bag was on sale for 1600.  Upon my discovery I shrieked with delight, prompting my father to ask just how much the bag was marked down. Now keep in mind I never let on to dad that I already owned the bag so he was prepared to purchase it as a Christmas gift for me.  That is until I told him it was 1600 and he nearly had a heart attack, exclaiming "Who in their right mind would pay that much for a bag?"  I coyly put the bag down, walked away and shrugged my shoulders stating "I don't know, dad.  Crazy people!" lol If only he knew I was already the proud owner of the bag when it was full price.

5. While the above scenario was a bit amusing I must admit it's hard work keeping up the charade just so my parents don't realize how insane my spending habits are. Every time my mom spots me with a new bag or pair of heels she asks "Is that new?"  I respond with an incredulous "This old thing? Oh, I've had it for years."

6.  When I was younger and still lived at home every time I came home from the mall I had to hide all my packages in the trunk of my car and wait until no one was home before bringing them inside.  Problem was I spent some much money shopping that I never had any money to go out.  Needless to say I spent my nights home modeling my clothes in front of the mirror in my room waiting for that one day I made enough money to shop AND go out.  By the way, I am still waiting for that day.

7.  On more than one occasion I bought an article of clothing not once, not twice, but three times without ever realizing I already had several versions of the same thing hanging in my closet unworn and still with tags on them.  Clearly, I know what I like.  I just don't remember what I buy.

8.  I am deeply concerned that if I ever become a mother that I may starve my children because mama needs a new Gucci. I mean I starve myself for the sake of my wardrobe so who's to say I wouldn't feed my habit habit before feeding my kids.

9. My Christmas tree this year was entirely decorated with shoe ornaments and diamond rings.  It was the blingiest and most fabulous tree in town!

10. I have seriously considered buying a stiletto shaped tub for my bathroom.

11.  More often than not I go to the mall to buy a gift for someone completely forgetting about that person once I step foot in the mall. I manage to do great for myself and it is until I get home that I realize "Crap, I there was some other reason why I went to the mall."

No comments:

Post a Comment