Saturday, January 26

Discontinued

     At some point during their lifetimes most women will have the unpleasant experience of discovering that their favorite beauty cream, lipstick or hair color has been discontinued.  Personally, I've had the experience more times than I care to remember.  So much so that I have found myself wondering whether I was some sort of jinx on the success of these products.  Word of caution to manufacturers everywhere- if I like and use your products your sales are likely to plummet and it's only a matter of time before you remove them from drugstore shelves and cosmetic counters everywhere.
    Fortunately, thanks to the miracles of the internet I recently discovered that many of these products which are no longer available in stores can be purchased through Amazon.com or some other website.  To my delight, I even discovered today that I could purchase from the nail salon my favorite hot pink nail polish, Bermuda Shorts, which was discontinued by Essie about two years ago. Prior to my discovery I had done some research online and realized that Amazon was selling the color for a whopping $35! I'm happy to say that my purchase today was just $6, which is less than the $8.50 that drugstores currently charge for Essie polish.  Now I know I've said before that I'll pay anything to get what I want.  But, I suppose I must now qualify this statement....I'll pay anything that's not clearly highway robbery.  If there's one thing I am not that is a fool and $35 for one bottle of polish is just ridiculous, especially when a bottle of Chanel polish doesn't cost more than $26. So ladies today's lesson is that even though manufacturers may no longer be producing your beloved anti-aging cream, hair product or cosmetics there are still quantities available at your nearest salons and on the internet....just don't get so excited upon locating the product that you fail to do your research to find the most affordable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment