Tuesday, January 29

Jackpot!

  So last night I hit the fashion lotto.  During Sunday's trip to the mall I tried on several peplum skirts and silk tops at Express and found pieces to create the most amazing outfit.  Despite having made my selections I left the mall empty handed (okay maybe I just left Express empty handed hehe) because I am fashion omnipotent and knew that Express coupons would be arriving in the mail shortly.  Therefore, it made no sense to pay full price on Sunday when I knew that sometime in the near future I could make the purchase for far less.  As luck would have it I came home last night to a $40 coupon from Express!!! I immediately signed online and ordered the skirt in Aquarium blue, the blouse in solid black and for good measure I threw in another pair of skinnys.  As I was about to check out, however, I noticed that my coupon was coming up invalid so I immediately dialed Express customer service for assistance.  After briefly explaining the difficulty I was having in placing my order the customer service rep brought up my customer profile.  Upon quick review of my order history she decided to adjust my discount from $40 to $50 off and waived shipping and handling for my troubles.  In the end I got all three items for $99!  Booyah....that's how it's done people.
  I may be an insane shopaholic who buys something everyday of her life, but I know how to work the system and stretch a dollar.  Oh and while I was at the mall on Sunday I also scored a navy three quarter length wool coat and a silver necklace to go with my peplum outfit for 50% off at Banana.  I may not have won the actual lotto, but I'm pretty sure that the thrill I got last night was comparable to winning millions!

http://www.express.com/high-waist-studio-stretch-peplum-pencil-skirt-53321-23/index.pro?productVariantId=386831&quantity=1&itemGUID=83ce9c25c0a8ab653ad8326d5321c988

http://www.express.com/contrast-fabric-short-sleeve-easy-top-45661-9/index.pro?productVariantId=308280&quantity=1&itemGUID=83cf102dc0a8ab6c008fc7a7a1d253c2

No comments:

Post a Comment