Wednesday, January 23

Mission Accomplished!

    Since I am a woman of my word who doesn't like to disappoint my readers I went back to MK after work last night to score the rest of the "must haves" on my Spring wardrobe wish list.  Of course there was also a little selfish motivation behind my second shopping spree of the day, but there was NO way I would have slept even a wink last night if I didn't go back for my MK navy and pinstripe blazer and navy pleated maxi dress.  I simply could not take the chance that if I waited even another day, hour, or minute that they would have been sold to someone else.  Someone who would be far less deserving because they wouldn't appreciate the value of these fabulous garments or know how to wear them in a way that would do them any justice.         
       Of course as soon as I saw the blazer my imagination began running wild and I immediately sketched out in my mind an entire look.  Needless to say, I had to make a few stops on the way to MK last night to achieve my vision.  First, I went to Express for a pair of white skinny jeans.  I had already seen a pair in MK selling for $130, but since I had splurged on the unique teal studded pocket jeans I figured I could skimp on basic white ones by going with the Express version.  FASHION TIP:  Mix a couple of expensive items with some less expensive ones and no one will be any the wiser.   Your look will be so rich everyone will just assume your entire outfit costs more than their rent.  Turns out the fashion goods were with me last night!  As soon as I walked into Express I realized that they were having a denim sale....Buy 1, get 1 50% off.  It would be a crime to pass up this sale so I bought a pair of white and grey skinnys.  I couldn't walk out of the store at that point.  I mean who wears pants without tops? I threw in a black sleeveless lace peplum top for good measure and scored it all for less than the one pair of white MK jeans! 
     Still riding off the high of my Express purchases I decided to run into Banana Republic to complete my nautical look of white jeans paired with a white and navy pinstripe blazer.  At the entrance I was greeted by a lovely sales woman who informed me that they were having a Happy Hour event which meant 40% off every full priced item in the store and 50% all sale items from 5pm-8pm.  Now that's the kind of Happy Hour I'm talking about!  In a matter of seconds I picked out a navy shell to wear under the blazer and two navy and  pave stone bangles...one was a bit chunky and the other a much thinner, woven cord bracelet.  Thanks to the MK camel studded sandals I scored earlier in the day I successfully completed the look from head to toe!  Now if only it was warmer than 11 degrees in NYC I could be sporting my new digs right now!
     While I'm happy to say this mission was accomplished and as a result I got a good night's rest last night I know it's only a matter of days before I see some other shoe, bag, or article of clothing I need.  Wait! There were those $1500 thigh high black leather Louboutins J. Lo was spotting wearing in the City yesterday.  Yes, yes yes I must have those!!  On to the next mission....

2 comments: