Friday, January 18

Shoe Maven

       Move over Carrie Bradshaw! There's a new shoe maven in town (and her name also happens to be Carrie).  The more I watch old episodes of Sex and the City the more I am convinced that that show is not based on some fictitious character's story, but on my real life.  Therefore, I should have been cast to play the lead role in "The Carrie Diaries," since it would require very little acting on my part.  But I digress. 
       I blame/thank mi madre for my whole shoe obsession. Though her thing is flip flops (I swear she currently owns over a hundred of them) and mine is stilettos she is the master behind this monster.   Growing up my father would often refer to mom as Imelda Marcos.  After hearing my father liken mom to this woman I became intrigued with who she was and what her claim to fame was.  I soon learned that she had one of the world's largest shoe collections.  From that moment on Ms. Marcos became and still is my idol and I'm not embarrassed to admit that one of my biggest goals in life is to amass a shoe collection larger than hers.
       Pretty much every office I have ever worked in has labeled me the "shoe queen".  Apparently my shoe collection is so stellar that even the guys take notice.  It seems that everyday I come to work the first thing people want to see is what I'm wearing on my feet.  Now you can imagine how this would fuel a shoe fanatic's fire.  Something tells me this weekend mama is brining home a new pair of stilettos....I mean I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone who expects to see a fresh new pair on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment