Wednesday, January 16

Beyond Obesessed!

        So just how deep does my fashion obsession go?  Well for one I lose wayyyy too much sleep thinking about what my next purchase will be or the purchase I should have made, but now can't because the damn item is sold out everywhere in the country.  I don't have "buyer's remorse."  I have "none-buyer's remorse."  Occasionally, I will try to reign in the shopaholic in me by only window shopping.  Problem is I wind up creating more work for myself.  I'll get all the way home and still be thinking to myself how I should have bought those fuchsia  round toe pumps from Dior.  After all they had my name written all over them.  If I was honest with myself I would admit that I'm only going to be at the store the next day buying the damn shoes. I have even left my credit cards and wallet at home foolishly thinking that would prevent me from any impulsive purchases.  Unfortunately, I have all 13 of my credit card numbers, their expiration dates and their CVV codes memorized so I just have to recite the info to the cashier and the Michael Kors Hamilton Tote is all mine! 
      By now you're probably thinking that I need Shopaholics Anonymous, but you haven't seen anything yet!   I stop at nothing to get the bag, shoes, or clothing that I want.  If the ordinary person goes to a store and discovers that the dress or the sweater they want is sold out in their size they just say "Oh well guess it wasn't meant to be."  I, however, don't give up so quickly.  I immediately begin my search to track down that item even if it's coming from Tokyo.  (and yes I did have a Michael Kors grey poncho with toggle buttons shipped to me from Tokyo!)  To me it doesn't make a difference how far away the item is coming from or how much I'll have to pay for it.  Nine times out of ten I'll get the store to give me some % off or free shipping for my plight because they understand what a good customer I am and how I couldn't live another day without the item.  The prime example was a pair of fuchsia suede Dior pumps I saw in Rome this past May while on vacation.  I thought about buying the shoes in Rome, but then learned there would be a 12% luxury tax attached to the purchase.  So I decided to wait until I got back to the States to purchase the shoes at the Short Hills Mall.  To my dismay, the shoes were a Rome exclusive and not available in the States.  Now you may think I gave up at that point, but you're wrong.  Of course the only natural thing for me to do was get an international calling card to call Rome and order those glorious pink pumps and have them shipped to me.  However, I was finally forced to admit defeat when the shoe was sold out in all of Italy.  I will never forget those shoes.  In fact, I have a picture of them to this day on my phone which I frequently torture myself with.  Moral of the story for me.....never pass up a pair of Dior pumps when in ROME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment