Monday, January 28

The Shoe Boot

  By now it should be abundantly clear how seriously I take shoes.  They are a part of my identity and not a day passes where I don't eat, sleep and breathe shoes.  Not surprisingly, I am always on the look out for new shoe trends for they mean as much to me as Cinderella's glass slipper. 
  That being said I must take this opportunity to rant about the shoe boot and it's shoe identity crisis.   I know you've all seen it....it's pretty hard to miss on the streets of NYC and in malls/shoe stores across the country.  The shoe boot is that awful shoe that's half peep toe pump and half bootie.  While it may be trendy and all the rage right now I absolutely hate this look, especially when paired with gowns or cocktail dresses.  Doing so completely dresses down one's look and destroys the glam factor.  I think women need to pay more attention to what they are putting on their feet.  To me, there's no greater tragedy than a woman who's dressed in an elegant gown paired with perfect movie star hair and makeup, but is wearing a shoe boot which strips her of that elegance.
    I'm a fan of the pump and bootie individually, but combining the two concepts results in nothing more than a hot mess!  Aside from the hideous appearance of these shoes, they're not even practical. They're clearly meant to be a winter shoe since they're predominantly a boot, with a closed back.  Yet they have a stupid peep cut out at the toes, which is more of a Summer/Spring look.  I just hope this trend is one that will die out soon because I've had about as much of it as I can take.



No comments:

Post a Comment