Tuesday, January 22

Today's Guilty Pleasures

    It may be snowing outside, but I'm already thinking about my summer wardrobe.   Retail is always a season ahead of the actual season so now is the time to shop for your bikinis, sandals and other beach attire.  Stores are pushing out their winter coats and making way for their Spring/Summer arrivals and that's why I'm already perusing the Michael Kors website for some bright colored skinny jeans and clutches.  God knows I need a little color to cheer up my winter doldrums.
   Today's obsessions are a pair of Teal MK pyramid studded pocket skinny jeans, which are currently on back order on the website and a canary yellow clutch with gold hardware.  Skinny jeans have always been a guilty pleasure for me because they elongate my legs and look great with stiletto pumps or booties.  MK clutches are also my weakness because there's something unique about them that sets them apart from the other designers.  Plus, they're practical because they're more roomy than other clutches which can't hold more than your Iphone and lipstick.
    I love diversifying my wardrobe with color.  I know most women are only comfortable wearing basic black and grey, especially in the winter, because they think it's kind to their figure imperfections.  As a woman I understand the mindset, but there's nothing wrong with pairing those black pants or that black pencil skirt with a bright orange or pink colored sweater to brighten up your look and your mood.
   By now you should know that I always get what I want.  So it should be no surprise to you that the first thing I did this morning was call MK customer service to locate my back ordered jeans. Customer service informed me that they are a separate entity than the stores and that they could not tell me which store locations have my jeans in stock (yes I am already calling them "mine," because soon enough they will be).  Due to my diligence, however, when 10 am rolls around and the stores open for the day you better believe I will be on the phone with each one of them in the tri-state area until I find these jeans.  Now some people may say I just want the jeans, I say I NEED them.  I mean I already have a whole outfit planned around them.  I'm going to pair them with my black strappy and gold studded Dior gladiator sandals, a simple white tank top and a black blazer with the sleeves cuffed up.  Then I'll wear my diamond studs, a turquoise statement necklace, my black ceramic MK watch and my black and gold Versace bag.  By the end of today these will be mine.......


http://www.michaelkors.com/p/MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-MICHAEL-Michael-Kors-Pyramid-Stud-Skinny-Jeans-JEANS-PANTS/prod20280023_cat18018_cat102_/?index=0&cmCat=cat000000cat102cat18018&isEditorial=false

http://www.michaelkors.com/p/Michael-Kors-Michael-Kors-Gia-Chain-Strap-Flap-Bag-CLUTCHES/prod20170007_cat8521_cat8501_/?index=1&cmCat=cat000000cat8501cat8521&isEditorial=false

No comments:

Post a Comment