Sunday, February 24

My Style Defined

   Flirty. Edgy. Elegant.  These three words describe my sense of style.  You're probably wondering how so many diverse fashions could work their way into one woman's closet.  Simply put, I'm influenced by three style icons with vastly different looks. Kourtney Kardashian influences my fun and flirty side, while Victoria Beckham brings out my elegant side, and Rihanna inspires my edgier flair.
   I believe that variety is the spice of life and I've adhered to this belief in developing my own fashion sense.  The best part about being a girl is that we have countless options for clothes, shoes, and accessories at our finger tips, whereas men have always been limited to t-shirts and jeans or dress shirts and ties.  The immense variety of options for female dress allow for so much versatility and creativity. The possibilities are endless- so go ahead and define a style that is all your own while drawing inspiration from your fashion icons along the way.
   To some she's just a former spice girl who's married to one of the sexiest men in the world.  To me, Victoria Beckman is the epitome of "Posh." Always polished and put together Ms. Beckman never fails to look haute couture.  Victoria actually inspired my love of high end fashion with her trademark sky high heels, pencil skirts, and sheath dresses.  Here she is in 2012- in one of my all time favorite looks- wearing the Roland Mouret "Galaxy" dress with Christian Louboutin "Highness" platform pumps and carrying the "Mini Satchel" textured-leather shoulder bag from her own fashion line.
     Like a chameleon, Rihanna is always changing her style and considering how bold and daring some of her fashion choices have been I'm certain there isn't any look she won't try.  No matter how many transformations her style goes through, it remains edgy and characteristically rocker chic.  Whenever I want to spice up my "Posh" attire I check to see what Rihanna is wearing.  I admit that some of her looks have been a bit too adventurous for me, but at the very least I gain inspiration from them-  even if I tone it down a few notches for myself.  Rihanna is seen here in 2008 wearing a grey sweater with fur hood from "Undercover," torn jeans and grey stiletto pumps.
   The best part of RiRi's style is how diverse it is.  Somehow she manages to wear sweats, leather pants and gowns like the Alaia one she wore to this year's Grammys while looking fabulous in it all!
    What I admire most about Kourtney's style is how it's fun and flirty flair inspires me to tap into my more playful side.  Especially with looks like this one, worn by Kourt in Miami in 2010.  Here she's wearing a black ruffled romper by Robert Rodriguez, shoes by Marni, and sunglasses and purse by Balenciaga.  Kourtney's style is very different from her sisters' with Khole being more of a tom boy and Kim somewhat of a sex kitten.  I prefer Kourtney's feminine and girly style compared to that of her siblings.  Some of my favorite pieces of Kourtney's wardrobe of her mini dresses and skirts, her statement necklaces, flowy Boho dresses and tops and of course her knee boots and high heeled pumps.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/27/2013

    Your innate sense of style always impresses me !!!

    ReplyDelete