Saturday, March 9

Sunny-Side Up


Michael Kors "Gia" Clutch
$795
     Bold is a common theme among Spring 2013 fashion trends and one of the biggest colors of the season is no exception.  Ranging from light lemon to mustard and every shade in between, adding a little dash of yellow is a great way to make your wardrobe pop!  Now, if yellow strikes you with fear, or just washes out your complexion, try out the bright hue as an accessory- purses look great in yellow.  I’ve been on this yellow kick all winter and have been obsessing over a slew of bags that are featured below.  Be sure to get an early start on this trend so when the first warm day hits, you can strike out in striking yellow.  A ray of sunshine is the only way to welcome in Spring.
      My love affair with bright colors began over two months ago when I discovered the infamous yellow "Gia" clutch by Michael Kors.  At the time, the bag was on pre-order until April 1.  Deciding I couldn't wait any longer because I didn't want the bag to sell out when it finally became available, I reserved my clutch online a few weeks ago.  To my surprise the bag shipped earlier than expected and arrived in the mail a few days ago.  Upon arriving home, I saw the glorious MK package on my door step and could barely contain my excitement.  As the adrenaline started to flow I rushed into my house and tore open the box- removing the felt cloth liner first and then unavailing the much anticipated crown jewel from inside.  What I revealed, however, did not live up to my months of anticipation.  While I loved the design of the bag, including its supple leather and gold hardware, I was disappointed with the bag's color.  I expected a shade of yellow that was "sunny-side up" and got "Colonel Mustard" instead.  (One good thing to note, however, is that the bag is also available in white, which looks far more stunning.) While I'm not usually one to ask for other people's fashion advice, I felt compelled to solicit a couple of second opinions on this one.  The overwhelming majority voted to return the bag, as nearly everyone I showed it to hated the color- as did I.  Needless to say my search for a sunny yellow bag continues....bring on the sun!
Yves Saint
Laurent Belle De Jour Calf Leather Clutch
$195

 
Marc Jacobs quilted crossbody bag
$575
Tory Burch Robinson
Spectator Envelope Clutch
$365
Micheal Kors
Small Sloan Pyramid-Stud Saffiano Flap Bag
$298


No comments:

Post a Comment